This site is defunct for the time being. A few pages have been retained as an archive. The information provided is correct as at 6 December 2018.
Andrew has been married for 10 years and has two children; a 2 year-old daughter and a baby son. He was brought up in Hoppers Crossing. He and his family have rented in Ivanhoe and Heidelberg for the last 8 years. He enjoys reading, music, food, cycling and seeing other parts of the world.
Since November 2011, Andrew has been a barrister at the Victorian Bar. He has practised in numerous areas of law (including civil, commercial, crime and family), and now specialises in seeking compensation for victims of sexual assault.
Before becoming a barrister, he spent a year as an advisor to the Community Legal Education Center in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, an NGO that is working to bring about the rule of law in that country. And before that he was the associate to the Honourable Justice B. D. Bongiorno AO, a judge and then judge of appeal of the Supreme Court of Victoria.
- Master of Public Policy and Management (Melbourne, 2017)
- Master of Laws (Melbourne, 2014)
- Bachelor of Laws with Honours (Monash, 2007)
- Bachelor of Music (Melbourne, 2004)
Fitzroy Legal Service:
- Night service lawyer (6 years during 2009-2016)
- Secretary of the Association (4 years, 2013-2016)
- Board member (5 ½ years, 2012-2018)
- Amnesty International Australia
- Australian Red Cross
- Australian Red Cross Blood Donor
- Liberty Victoria
- Fitzroy Legal Service
- Western Bulldogs Football Club
- Australian Association of Constitutional Law
- Australian and New Zealand Association of Psychiatry, Psychology and Law
- International Commission of Jurists (Victoria)